taking chances


I'm on MC today.. been having high fever last night.. Felt bad leaving my half-done work behind.. and it's due tomorrow! shiet..

I need some advice...

Let's say.. If you're offered to work in Dubai.. what will you feel? Excited? Accept the offer immediately? or.. Spend weeks thinking about it?

There's a few things to consider.. First is the weather.. it's about 50C there.. that's very hot! And the food.. what about language? the people there? culture? do they have a church there? hmm.. But the good thing is you're able to learn new things, get exposure from a different retrospective.. I get to learn new culture.. explore new type of food! since I'm a food lover.. But can I take the heat?! hmm.. I scared first week there I'll get high fever or vomit blood coz too heaty~ muahahaha...

Well, it is indeed an irresistable offer.. I need advice from you readers.. hmm..

*dizziness never stop buggin' me doing things I want!*

6 scoop(s) of icecream:

Huey Juen said...

tinnnn. read your post about dubai. Dubai is a rich country and there are like thousands of international businessman there so i wouldn't worry bout the language barrier. I have friends from dubai and i've almost been there (the airport), all of them speak english so fret not. Well it is very hot there but there are times when it is cold, righttt? Food can't be that bad, well if its terrible, you can always cook yourself since you're a good cook. As for the culture, I think its worth a look and experience different things. Seize the chance.

love

Nyle said...

tissue, Dubai? I'd say go. Life's an adventure ain't it? I'm agreeing with Nicole. The heat? It gets cold at night I think. It can't be that bad for such a thriving place. You'll never know unless you try. Give it some thought. Good luck!

Henry Yeo said...

go lah! with your standard, you could even be gulf champion (If Rohaina Tanveer can do it, you can do it 100 times over)

Gabbie said...

Henry : who is Rohaina Tanveer? a Scrabbler? wow.. ya hor.. didnt think i could start a scrabble career there~ huhu

Juen & Adelyn : Thanks! I now can't wait to graduate! LOLx

Zuliana said...

I don't see why you shouldn't go, seriously.
Go read up on Dubai, you'd be surprised.. It's a really nice place.. My cousin was working there for a bit and couldn't stop saying how amazing it was..
They have super huge shopping malls too! :)

Gabbie said...

ya.. i cant wait to graduate now! LOL
hahaahaha