me books?



It was a little dubious for me to be a fan of books since I publicly declared my contempt for books because they put me to sleep easily; you know, it's like when you open the book and there, pixie dusts puff onto your face and poof! the next thing I know, I'm already slumbering. It's sad but I am trying real hard. I managed to finish Mark Leyner & Billy Goldberg's 'Why Do Men Have Nipples?' last year. It was not so bad a book actually. Currently still stuck with their second book, 'Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?' Okay, what is the book all about? It explains to you biological stuff in the mythical, logical, beliefs and taboos contexts. Questions such as, 'Why do women pee more than men?' , 'Why do I sneeze when I pluck my eyebrows?' , and laughable issues like 'Can you breastfeed with fake boobs?'. However, I think it might appear a lil' too scientific for chic-flic lovers.

Anyways, I had lunch with a friend outside Atria and dropped by at the Levis' and Dockers' warehouse sales in Atria. Albeit good offers were given, nothing there were to die for. We proceeded to a floor lower to the book fair! I was a bit sceptical about books. But! yes BUT! I spent more than an hour there (surprisingly) looking for books that attracts me. Besides, they were very very cheap! To be honest, I was searching for Scrabble dictionaries at first but there were none. Then I continue searching, this time for design books but most of them were too historical; Rembrant, van Gogh, Vermeer, Bernini and the rest of the gang. Art history and me parted since the end of Critical Studies 1 during Year 1. So, the next best thing is to look for nice frontcovers or book titles. (I know I'm such a holy terror!) ....s...e...a...r...c....h.... Tadaa! I ended up with Richard Montanari's the Skin Gods. I think I'll start to pick up reading all over again. Friends of mine are all surprised because I'm a Scrabble player but I don't like reading. Ironical?

We spent 52.oorm for 6 books. Now that's a good bargain isn't it?

*back to work*

0 scoop(s) of icecream: