cheers!!

There you go, my weekend spent watching some school kids flipping, performing stunts and bending their limbs as if there ligaments are made of rubber. I got up early today feeling exuberant. There and then, I decided to go to Cheer 2009 in Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil. Yes, this is my first cheer event, how inapt! Adrian was already there early supporting his sister's team, the Blitzers who triumphantly emerged as champion this year with a 39 points difference from the 1st runner-up team, Shirtlift who was defending champion. Man, they were good! As soon as I spotted Ashley (Adrian's sister), my eyes are all on her. Flexible and talented young lady, good dancer just like her brother. How envious I was! I couldn't even reach my toes standing up!

I was there to see Jun's performance too! He will be representing Malaysia for an international championship in Australia next week. It's part of his team's preparation to perform as a boost of confidence but one can never run away from mishaps! It was great pity when one of their flyers injured herself badly while doing a stunt. I've heard of her, seen her even especially in TV ads and commercials. Remember the girl in the Yakult ad? The girl who was at the forefront, taking off the helmet and drank Yakult towards the end? And the girl from the Silky Girl advertisement? Anyway, she did a stunt, landed on her head and as she was trying to support herself up with her arms, one of the arm twisted and she shreiked in pain. She was carried to the side, out of the performance ring while being attended by several officials. Jun then told me that she dislocated her arm and could not perform for the Australia stint! The team needs to look for substitute in a week and yada yada... I hope everything will be alright~

Now, that's real bad luck.

*hungers*

0 scoop(s) of icecream: