It's just Valentines'

Being single is my forte I would say as I don't see the need to be in a serious relationship at this point of time. I have many similar questions being thrown at me asking me why am I not in a relationship right now. My answer would be I'm not ready! I'm not stable financially, even my career is not affirmed, I'm still struggling to support myself and it is not easy to support another person. It is said that a relationship is a sharing of happiness and burdens, the ups and downs, etc but that would be all the love promises and diabetic oaths during the first few months of the relationship. After that, it's not the same anymore!

For everything there is a season under heaven Ecclesiastes 3:1

Adrian gave me a piece of leaflet yesterday which talks about the 8 Simple Rules of Dating the damn-Catholic way! I would say the whole thing encourages Catholic men to be boring lovers, unexciting male companion and the worst kissers. That is what I personally felt after reading it. All dating must end up with the Holy Matrimony. One of the rules stated, #2 DON'T DATE FOR EXPERIENCE - If you don't date for bloody experience, how would you know what kind or type of guy or girl you'll like? and what kind of lover you are? For me, dating is a part of exploration and finding who you really are; what kinda person you are inside out and what kinda person you're really looking for. Not all men or women are lucky enough to find the right one and hit bulls eye with ONE attempt. That's bloody heroic but life ain't a fairytale.

Don't go after your lusts but keep them in check Sirach 18:30

After reading the whole leaflet, GirlS! Catholic men are really holy people! Don't expect surprises and sparks in relationship coz we can't kiss, we can't go near you to avoid temptation, we cannot cohabit because it might lead to sex, we are inexperience coz we cannot date for experience and you bloody need to wait for 2 years at least before you can marry them! LOL.. Sorry I have say this because I don't agree on the gist of the leaflet pretty much~ End of story...

p/s : Anyone interested to get a copy of these 8 Simple Rules, please contact me directly for a free copy! :)



6 scoop(s) of icecream:

Zuliana said...

um martin, i don't think the word 'cohabitate' exists? hehehe

and chill la.. aren't rules meant to be broken anyways? *evil grin* hahah

GabrIel said...

ok.. it's cohabit! LOL hahahaha

Anonymous said...

actually i would be very inclined to agree with you. those were my thoughts too when i first received that leaflet. suffice to say i dismissed them as quickly as i had received them. in your own words, 'bloody heroic but life aint a fairytale'.

nonetheless, we have to look at the bigger picture. cari isi tersirat gitu loh. the 8 simple rules however disagreeable, set pretty good guidelines for the common couple. i tell you not many boys and girls know how to 'perform' as a couple. for those of us who have 'figured things out', i say great for us, life is just that bit more exciting. for those who havent, this may very well put them in safe parameters from which to draw inspiration. boring is safe, but safe is also good, for the sanctity of the sacraments, as well as for the well being and longevity of a healthy relationship. ignorance is bliss they do say.

having said that, i still agree with you. i've just come to realise that Adrian follows a higher calling thats all. and that there's really no harm in supporting his cause, however much we disagree with it. Remember, Jesus came not to minister to the healthy and rich, but to reach out to the poor and helpless.

Nyle said...

What ever happened to practice makes perfect?

GabrIel said...

Well, Catholicism, just pray and everything will be perfect.. the prayer thingy really freaks me out sometimes.. we can't date for experience.. how can practice made perfect? hmm.. i wonder...

GabrIel said...

Well, Catholicism, just pray and everything will be perfect.. the prayer thingy really freaks me out sometimes.. we can't date for experience.. how can practice made perfect? hmm.. i wonder...