she might appear meek but strong

Today is one of the least productive days I had as always. Started with a long sleep and a healthy breakfast, my laziness ate me up again. Later in the afternoon, I attended a seminar on colours by Denise Turner in college and it was seriously good! I was paying attention so futilely, I'm surprised! :D

Droplets of rain poured down harshly at about 5.30pm in the evening right after I reached home from college. I prayed so badly for the rain to stop but it didn't. And I was supposed to meet up with Joan for dinner at 6.30pm. Despite the rain, we went for dinner in Paramount Garden. So here's the thing; the gist of this post.

Joan ordered fish porridge while I ordered claypot chicken rice with extra salted fish. *yum* After we're bloated from the heavily-carb-ED meal, I saw this old lady making a living selling "Lor Bak", an assortment of deep fried meaty products with some special sauce. I just couldn't help myself to buy something from the poh poh. She look pretty meek and already touching 7 decades. I wonder if she is in pain because she's hunching with osteoporosis; a bad one mind you! And she reminds me of my late grandma. SO, I bloated myself even more with the otak-otak and fried meaty stuff I over-ordered and dragged Joan to eat with me. I just could not see an old person selling things. I will buy regardless of any products. Take it as a weakness but it's damn-it-ly true; I will buy. Hmm.. Aren't they suppose to enjoy life at this stage of life? Hmm.. I feel bad and sad for them. Where are their kids? How is she going to carry all those heavy stuff? Or wash the plates and utensils? Gosh! This is hurting me!

I am definitely not letting my mom being like this in the future! She'll get the luxury of life when she completely retires. Same thing applied to my dad. Hm.. I have to have a motivator to get my going in my assignments. Dang! Right after this slumber~ toodles!

*Can't wait for the shopping spree*

0 scoop(s) of icecream: