They say you have to have spices to life. Take yourself back to the 90s when the Spice Girls were all fired up with 'Spice Up Your Life'. So what are these spices in life and how do you define them in your own interpretation? Is it the entertaining et painful dramas, the backstabbing gossips, the colourful bunch of people around you or the conflicts and never-ending dilemmas that revolve around your life?

*feed me your thoughts*

----------------------------

Two weeks since my immediate termination of employment, I was able to recapture and recollect my true self and desires. I believe that being engulfed by bad energy everyday and all the emotions or opinions kept inside you would not help in developing good creative mindset. Choked? Encaged? It's something you got to experience to know what it feels.

H : I want you to design something entertainment for this floor. The colour scheme is Four Seasons - Green is Spring, Blue is Winter, Yellow is Summer and Orange is Summer. I want you to make the space more entertainment in your interpretation.

*designed and sketched 3 ideas*

H : Er.. Don't take the design so literal. You can refer to some books and get ideas.

*continued researching, designed and sketched 7 proposals*

H : I am not crazy about the idea. It's doesn't give me the Nature feeling.

Me : What Nature feeling? I thought it's Entertainment?

H : I told you the colour scheme is Four Seasons right? Then the concept is Nature la! Four Seasons means nature ma.. Why you didn't think out of the box?

* H starts showing some ideas from books and roughly sketched a column with LEAVES on the top to hide the flood lights * <-- Taada! 'Thinking out of the box'

Now stop asking why I quit my job.

I had made several bad and unwise decisions. I called them bad, rotten experiences but these experience nurtured me with maturity and smacked me with that big fat wake up call right in the face!; I must not succumb to an easy way out.

----------------------------

Malacca. Family. Home-cooked Food. What else could I ask for? The departure of several family members last month made me appreciate the companionship of loved ones. I admit that my mind is a spinning gasing! I hardly think about the positive consequences but the negatives. That's bad ain't it?

Two weeks to the big Scrabble tourney, I have been studying night and day; learning new words and their anagrams. It is not easy I must say and each time a friend ask what do I study, I would answer 'words!' How do I study words? Don't know how but I think after playing Scrabble for 5 years, my brain had been programmed to absorb words in a way beyond explanation.

*back to words*

3 scoop(s) of icecream:

Cynthia said...

This is the time when you add spices to your life and do what you really wanna do. Follow your heart! Whatever that makes you feel happy. xoxo

Jaclyn said...

hey there would u be interested to do an advertorial for me? sorry had to be informal about this but i cant seem to get your email from your profile

do contact me at doinkyjac@gmail.comm

Hui Jan said...

Why were the examples of 'spices of life' that you gave mostly negative? To me, spices would be the people around me who, well, spice up the otherwise boring, mundane routine I go through every day. They make every day different, and for that, I am grateful. (:

A comment on a post so old seems almost redundant, but a post is a post and you did ask to 'feed [you our] thoughts' in it. So this is mine. :D